The best holiday gifts are the ones that keep giving, and ORCAA offers homeowners a chance to give themselves a gift that will give back to them — and their neighbors — for years to come.
ORCAA, in partnership with the Washington Department of Ecology, offers grants for residents who want to replace an old, smokey wood stove or fireplace insert with a new, clean Ductless Heat Pump or natural gas stove (or furnace).
ORCAA’s woodsmoke reduction grant program details include:
- Wood stove replacement funds are available for residents of Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater, Yelm and the Urban Growth Areas (UGAs) associated with those cities.
- Residents of those cities and UGAs must remove and destroy one or more of the following:
- pre-1995 certified wood stoves
- pre-1995 certified fireplace inserts
- uncertified wood stoves
- uncertified fireplace inserts
- free-standing metal fireplaces
Residents who qualify for the above may receive rebates in the following amounts:
- $1,200 for installation of any natural gas, propane or electric heating system
- $1,800 for installation of high-efficiency heat pumps, including Ductless Heat Pumps (DHP).
Residents who simply want to remove and destroy an old, uncertified wood appliance without installing a new gas or electric appliance may qualify for a $500 BOUNTY.
This program targets one of the biggest sources of air pollution in Thurston County. Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) is the primary air pollutant in our region, and the main source of that pollutant is burning. With the removal of just 60 solid-fuel home heating devices from the community, residents will reduce emissions by 10 tons of PM2.5 per year.
Contact ORCAA – (360) 539-7610 – or your local Thurston County Hearth Products or HVAC Retailer for details.